Friday, May 18, 2012

Graphic 45 Olde Curiosity Shoppe Altered Apothecary Cart

Happy Friday Scrappers!!!
Thanks for stopping by Today, Hope you have all been having an amazing week! 
 I am still sick myself, something that apparently I will NEVER get over.  After over 6 months of being sick off an on you would think that I would find some sort of immunity to all these colds. And if the weather doesn't start cooperating I believe it is time for a trip to Florida!!!
Now just to find some time.... Only 7 more days of school left for my little kindergartener and we are counting down the days to kick off the Summer!
Also hoping this will give me the break I need from her getting sick at school and bringing it home to me.  Ohh the wonders of schooldays!

Today I am excited to share with you my Altered Apothecary Cart.
 This was something my mom found on Etsy thinking it was A LOT smaller and insisted that I bought it.
Once it came I was pleased to find how big it really was! Measuring approx. 10”x 5”x 12” there was plenty of room to create a shadowbox. However, inside of the opening there were wooden pegs to represent a Calliope. 


With a little work I was able to remove the wooden pegs and turn this little circus calliope into a full service Apothecary Cart!  


Using Graphic 45’s Apothecary paper I created the look of a large sign advertising the wares.
And on the other side..


A whole Cartfull of wares!
With handmade boxes and shelves created from chipboard that house tiny glass bottles filled with concoctions. Tiny labels cut from Graphic 45’s Apothecary paper adorn the bottles filled with Distress Stickles and Embossing powders for effect.

Mini Metal Brads make the perfect knobs along the bottom of the shelf to hang your keys..



And in the corner a small bottle cap table sets atop a wooden spool base. A decorated wooden wheel serves as the perfect “pillow” for the crystal ball. 


Resting atop the cart, luggage has been created out of heavy chipboard and stacked underneath netting for the long haul. 

Supplies:
Graphic 45 Papers:
Olde Curiosity Shoppe: Counting Down, Exquisite Motif, Optical Oddities, Parlor Wall, Apothecary, Genuine Article, Olde Curiosity Shoppe
Steampunk Debutante: Fantasy Floral, Eclectic Emporium
Le Cirque: Magnifique
An ABC Primer: Calico Kids
Renaissance Faire: Masterpiece, Venetian Lace
Graphic 45 Staples: Mini Metal Brads
Want 2 Scrap: Fleur De Li
Maya Road: Giant Bottle Cap
Ranger: Glossy Accents( as adhesive)
Scrapbook Adhesive: 3D Foam Squares
Tim Holtz: Corked Vials
7 gypsies: Tiny Metal Keys, Ornate Metal Strip
Other: Wolf Creek Calliope Wagon, E6000, Mode Podge, paint, sandpaper, wooden spool, wooden wheel, marble, Sharpie Markers, heavy chipboard, metal charms, gems, clipart

Thank you so much for stopping by and checking out my creations!
And most of all Thank you SOO much for all your love and support!!!
Lots more Amazing Graphic 45 inspiration today on their blog from Teamie Alberto Juarez, even a tutorial so you wouldn't want to miss out!
Have a Safe and Creative weekend!!

Nicki Chicky
XOXO



10 comments:

Catherine SIWCZAK said...

this is an amazing creation ! Love this cart and all the stuff in ! A great idea !

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Just phenomenal! I especially love the luggage tied down on top of the cart!

Nancy Wethington said...

Brilliant!

Carol W. said...

Holy Smokes! This project is freakin' awesome! Love all the details, Fabulously done TFS

Linda Kaiser said...

This project is amazing and I am featuring it tomorrow on my Fab Five Friday post. Love your blog too!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely Awesome. So creative and thank you so much for sharing.

Susan said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! This is insanely amazing! Wow!

lanagram said...

So happy that Linda sent me your way... Such fun. Love it.

Heather said...

I just want to step inside this creation and live there! It's absolutely amazing! Great work :-)

Anonymous said...

AMAZING PIECE OF ART.The type of piece you can enjoy looking at over and over. All the detail too. Thanks for sharing. Karen.x