Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day everyone!  Hope that you have had a wonderful day with family and or friends today celebrating the wonderful Father's in our lives!  Today my Dad was working, so my Mom and I decided to head out a do a little junking earlier in the day.  I snapped tons of pics of strange and obscure finds to share. But first I have a little Father's Day card that I would like to share with you, that I created using TJ Designs stamps and papers.


Supplies Used:
Papers: Scrapbook & Collage Papers, The European Collection, by TweetyJill Publications
(#59 French Script, #77 Ephemera and Embellishments)
Black and Cream Cardstock
Stamps: Vintage Collage Rubber Stamp Collection by TJ Designs
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Tumbled Glass, Rusty Hinge, Frayed Burlap)
Ranger Adirondack Ink (Sunshine Yellow)
Tsukineko VersaFine Inke (Black Onyx)
Images: From Rescued Relatives Collage Pack by TJ Designs
Dies: Sizzix/Tim Holtz, On the Edge Dies (Ornate Edge)
Embellishments: Tim Holtz Ornate Plates and Gears & Sprockets, 7Gypsies Industrial Gears, Graphic 45 Chipboard Buttons

And now onto some fun finds while out junking, and some weird ones too!
One thing I have ALWAYS wanted in my house is a phone booth!!!  I know, not very practical, expecially when currently living in a 900 square foot house, but a girl can dream! 
Until I set my eyes on these beauties! 
Yea, so they just look like red phones, but read closer.  They are battery operated rotary phones! 
So not only do you look sweet with your retro red phones, but with the convenience of a portable phone!!
Oh the technology!  Love it!!

Here is a completely original idea!  That's right, it's a sewing machine tractor/lamp!!
Sew, when you are working, your lamp will follow where needed! 
I wish!!!
I just fell in love with the Life Like Grass.  I think this is a must have in every household!!!
There must be over 1000 uses! Love IT!
This cash register is gorgeous, but just don't think it would be too practical for shows. 
I could just see myself trying to tote it around during set up and tear down. 

Love anything that has to do with science!  Always my favorite subject in school.  Focused on Zoology in college.  Anything with diagrams, old bottles, surgical instruments you name it, I LOVE IT! 
And this last picture is a reminder to you to stop back tomorrow to check out one of my projects created for Graphic 45 this month!  And also this is a little hint!  So don't forget, because Elephants Never Forget!!
Have a wonderful Father's Day!
Nicki Chicky

1 comment:

Nancy Wethington said...

Beautiful Father's Day card, Nicole . . . and love what you found shopping, especially that sewing machine!