Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Day To Catch Up!

     Lately I have been really trying to push myself as an artist.  Push myself to create something every spare moment I have. To really think outside of the box, and use all different techniques and mediums to play.   My time is always very limited to days off, or nights.  With so little time, I have had a few projects just waiting for those last few finishing touches.  Yesterday it worked out I had just enough time to finish them all before work. And  then get started on some more after work.  What a good feeling!  Now to finish up that order for 108 paper flowers!  I can't wait to take a picture of all of them finished.  Right now, with some help from David the count is to 50 flowers finished!
     I have been trying to put together some back to school card kits that I will be selling RIGHT HERE on my blog.  There will be NEW monthly card kits available here each month.    Haven't worked out all the details yet, but check back  soon for all the latest news!
   Halloween has really been on my mind lately.  I don't want to rush those summer months, but fall is my favorite!  And always such short lived with the follow of winter.  So I have been starting early! 
I created this cone using a pressed chipboard cone for my base.  I then wrapped the paper around as I glued.  The crepe paper collar is made with 3 strips.  2 are glued together, then snipped and fluffed.  The 3rd piece is used to line the inside of the cone, leaving some sticking out.  Wouldn't this just be the cutest thing to give out with candy at a Halloween party, or some Halloween wedding decor.
I just LOVE this shadow box.  I wanted to keep it sorta clean and simple.  Mostly silhouettes in black and creme.  The shadow box was something I picked up at Dollar Tree.  I painted it black and lightly sanded it.  I then found papers and covered the back's of the inside boxes.  To finish, I created scenes by using paper punches, stamps, rub ons, die cuts, grunge board, and chipboard.  To create the 31 I used a punch out grunge board number, and covered it with glossy accents.  I then poured some silver craft glitter over top, and slightly pressed the glitter down.  The glossy accents dries pretty fast with the glitter on top, and once dry no glitter falls off, and the letters have become stiffened.  When I purchased this shadowbox it already had wall hooks for hanging.  But I wanted to do something different.  So I added a handle.   The handle I used was a premade purse handle I purchased at Jo Anns.  David took the time to neatly wire it on for me.  I really think it tied the whole thing together.  My favorite part of the whole thing are the skeletons climbing out of the ground!
A few weeks ago I heard about the Bobunny design team call.  I was working really hard to get some stuff done for the call.  But I know I have ALOT of things already due at the end of this month that NEED my focus.  Like the HUGE paper flower order.  Or my design for More Paper than Shoes due August 1st.  Card kit designs.  Classes.  So here is a layout I created using some of their newest designs. 
I love their premade curvy pp.  All you have to do is cut, and paste.  And I LOVE to cut things out!  For the background I used card stock and sprayed with some tattered angels.  Even did a little spray stamping with their screens.  I then created a flow of embellishments and stickles from the spray pattern.  I love the way the tiny dots of stickles made the paper whatever color I had sprayed.  This was a lot of fun to make!  Of course I added a few of my own little paper flowers.  And who couldn't resist adorable Skye eating her bright Popsicle on a hot summer day?  I want to go to Popsicle Paradise, and be whisked away by Popsicle Dreams!!
Don't forget coming up is the unveiling of all the MPTS Design Team challenge projects.  The theme was Vintage Paris, using acrylic paint, crackle medium, fabric and metal.  I have been playing with a few things, and can't wait to see what everyone else has come up with too!!  The unveiling will be held on Sunday, August 1st. 
Also don't forget coming soon are monthly card kits for sale RIGHT HERE on my blog! 
I will try to give little sneak peaks of the cards later on this week. 
Also lots more Halloween!
 And who knows what else I will create this week, I am on a roll!!
Take care all, and have a wonderful day!
Nicki Chicky


2 comments:

Deb Townsend said...

Love all your projects! Hope you are doing well! I am loving CA!

Debra LeeBerry said...

I commented on your current post but wanted to leave a comment here also. I really like the Halloween cones; the black/cream and bit of orange. What a great idea for treat gifts!